Sunday, August 28, 2005

Doing my best to keep her.

As the end of the quarter drew near, Boxcar Ladyfriend was swamped with work and I was done with mine. Before leaving in the evening, I stashed the following in the fridge for her to find:

Leftovers Salad for Food Nerds

Leftover Ahi
Half a leftover yuppie tomato
Spinich

Slice the ahi into sashimi-sized chunks. Sear them in your trusty frypan. Set them aside to cool.

Slice your leftover heirloom or "yuppie" tomato into triangular slices.

Put the spinich in a pasta bowl. Arrange the tomatoes and ahi in alternating spoke-like things radiating from the center of the pasta bowl. Put it in the fridge.

Dressing:

Equalish parts good olive oil and mirin. Add about eight-ten drops of sesame oil and a healthy squeeze of lime juice from a plastic lime. Stir it up and go.

It was a spur of the moment thing, but Boxcar L seemed quite pleased when I got home. She informed me that she drank the salad dressing. I'll go ahead and count that as a win for me.

1 Comments:

Blogger lauren said...

More salad dressing! I am thirsty.

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home